Journalist job profile
Journalist is a professional responsible for reporting the news. Journalist research, document, write, and present the news in an honest, ethical, and unbiased way.
In order to attract Journalist that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Journalist job description.
Journalist job description
Are you an aspiring, creative self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile and pitch in where needed? Are your greatest interests excellent writing and impeccable storytelling?
If so, you just might be the kind of person we are looking for!
We are seeking talented, determined and creative Journalist who is equipped to work in a fast paced work environment.
You will work in a team and be responsible for carrying on research activities, conducting interviews and creating original content.
Journalist duties and responsibilities
- Conduct research for interesting news
- Travel to different locations and execute timely news coverage
- Collaborate with camera crew and other team members in order to create the best overview
- Develop confidential and long-term relationships with news informants
- Interview live witnesses on the scene
- Create notes and recordings
- Select testimonials and combine footage from different interviews to create a full overview of a story
- Conduct, manage, document and edit interviews
- Fact-checking the information given by a source
- Ensure news informants' confidentiality
- Previous working experience as a Journalist for (x) year(s)
- Excellent portfolio of published stories
- Hands on experience in writing and editing
- In-depth knowledge of interviewing best practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- MA in Journalism or similar relevant field
Use this Journalist job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Plastic Surgeon
- Sales Manager
- Billing Clerk
- Interaction Designer
- Marketing Growth Hacker
- Maintenance Manager
- TypeScript Developer
- Release Engineer
- Creative Director or Art Director
- Front Desk Representative
- Human Resource Manager
- Category Manager
- Sales Executive
- Team Leader
- Brand Manager
- Senior DevOps Engineer
- Project Manager
- Training Manager
- Area Manager
- Website Content Manager