Sound Engineer job description template
This Sound Engineer job description template includes the list of most important Sound Engineer's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Sound Engineer job profile
Sound Engineers are responsibility for assembling, operating and maintaining the technical equipment used to record, amplify, enhance, mix or reproduce sound.
In order to attract Sound Engineers that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Sound Engineer job description.
Sound Engineer job description
We are looking for a competent Sound Engineer to join our team. As a Sound Engineer, you will be responsible for assembling, operating and maintaining the technical equipment used to record, amplify, enhance, mix or reproduce sound.
Sound Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Perform duties assigned by directors, producers etc
- Set up, maintain and regularly inspect sound equipment
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of video editors, lighting experts, cameramen etc.
- Assist in synchronizing video and audio tracks
- Record, edit and mix audio tracks
- Test and improve sound quality
- Add sound effects to recordings
- Create and update sound libraries
- Resolve technical problems when they occur
- Stay up to date with latest trends and best practices
Sound Engineer requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Sound Engineer or similar role
- X years of experience with sound engineering, recording and editing methods and equipment
- Hands on experience with sound recording and editing software
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in audio or sound engineering or similar relevant field