Data Manager job description template
This Data Manager job description template includes the list of most important Data Manager's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Data Manager job profile
Data Managers are generally responsible for managing the development and use of various data systems in companies.
In order to attract Data Managers that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Data Manager job description.
Data Manager job description
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Data Manager to join our team! As a Data Manager at our company, you will be responsible for managing and overseeing our data systems. For this position, strong understanding of data processing and data analytics are necessary.
At this position, you will be using the latest data technology and will be able to advance your knowledge in data.
Data Manager duties and responsibilities
- Create and implement policies and procedures for data management
- Determine methods for quality data collection
- Always ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Implement effiective and secure procedures for data processing
- Define and implement procedures for data sharing with upper management, management and external stakeholders
- Support others in the daily use of data systems
- Ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Extract reports and data when needed
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems
- Evaluate performance of data systems
- Troubleshoot data-related problems
- Suggest solutions to identified problems
Data Manager requirements
- X years of experience as Data Manager
- Excellent understanding of data administration
- Experience with data management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.)
- Understanding and experience with modern database and information system technologies
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field