Application Developer job description template
This Application Developer job description template includes the list of most important Application Developer's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire the best employees.
Application Developer job profile
Applications developers are usually responsible for translating software requirements into workable programming code. In addition, they maintain and develop programs for use in business.
Most Application Developers specialize in a specific development field, such as mobile phone applications, accounting software, office suites or graphics software. Depending on what they do, they will have in-depth knowledge of at least one computer language.
In order to attract an Application Developer that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Application Developer job description.
Application Developer job description
We are looking for a qualified Application Developer to join our team! As an Application Developer, you will design and code functional programs and applications. You will work both as part of the team and individually.
Application Developer duties and responsibilities
- Understand clients' applications requirements
- Identify key application features
- Work with other IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Design creative prototypes based on specifications
- Write high-quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Perform unit and integration testing before launch
- Troubleshoot applications
- Find bugs and offer timely solutions
- Test existing applications, identify deficiencies and offer solutions.
Application Developer requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as an Application Developer or similar role
- X years of experience in designing and building applications
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C#, Java (J2EE), etc.
- Great understanding of software design and programming principles
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field; MSc/MA will be appreciated
- A certified application developer is a plus