Junior Accountant job profile
Junior Accountant is a professional who provides support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks.
In order to attract Junior Accountant that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Junior Accountant job description.
Junior Accountant job description
Are you an aspiring Junior Accountant looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant who we can rely on to manage daily accounting tasks.
Our ideal candidate must be able to hit the ground running, work within a team environment and take initiative when needed.
Junior Accountant duties and responsibilities
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Track and monitor accounts receivable
- Issue and prepare invoices
- Track and monitor accounts payable
- Perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements
- Adhere to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist other departments such as HR and Marketing with reviewing of expenses
- Update financial data in a timely manner
- Ensure that information is accurate
- React in a timely manner if information is not accurate
- Develop KPIs
- Measure KPIs and prepare reports
- Support senior accountants
- As needed, assist with other accounting projects
Junior Accountant requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Junior Accountant
- Analytical mind
- Critical thinker
- Love for numbers
- Excellent understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- X years of experience with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP)
- Additional qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) are a big advantage
- MA in accounting or finance
Use this Junior Accountant job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards