Junior Accountant job description
This Junior Accountant job description template will help you save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
In order to attract Junior Accountant that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Junior Accountant job description.
Junior Accountant job profile
Junior Accountant is a professional who provides support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks.
Junior Accountant job description: Intro
Every Junior Accountant job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction may look like:
Are you an aspiring Junior Accountant looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant who we can rely on to manage daily accounting tasks.
Our ideal candidate must be able to hit the ground running, work within a team environment and take initiative when needed.
Junior Accountant duties and responsibilities
Junior Accountant job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Track and monitor accounts receivable
- Issue and prepare invoices
- Track and monitor accounts payable
- Perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements
- Adhere to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist other departments such as HR and Marketing with reviewing of expenses
- Update financial data in a timely manner
- Ensure that information is accurate
- React in a timely manner if the information is not accurate
- Develop KPIs
- Measure KPIs and prepare reports
- Support senior accountants
- As needed, assist with other accounting projects
Junior Accountant requirements and qualifications
Junior Accountant job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- X years of experience as a Junior Accountant
- Analytical mind
- Critical thinker
- Love for numbers
- Excellent understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- X years of experience with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP)
- Additional qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) are a big advantage
- MA in accounting or finance
Use this Junior Accountant job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Guest Relations Manager
- Home Health Aide
- Bank Teller
- Paid Marketing Manager
- Order Picker
- Plastic Surgeon
- Vice President (VP) of Content
- Makeup Artist
- Web Editor
- Database Developer
- Network Administrator
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Application Developer
- Marketing Manager
- Product Manager
- Program Manager
- Ruby on Rails Developer
- Office Coordinator
- Chief Financial Officer
Talent Acquisition Is An Art: How to Make It Errorless?
How SEO Can Help Attract the Best Talent?
How to Recognize a Strong Work Ethic?
How to Turn Employees into Employer Brand Ambassadors?