Analyst Programmer job profile
Programmer analysts perform the jobs of both a systems analyst and a computer programmer. While systems analysts design and develop software and computer systems, Computer Programmers are responsible for implementing designs by writing computer programs.
In order to attract Analyst Programmer that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Analyst Programmer job description.
Analyst Programmer job description
We are looking for Analyst Programmer to join our team! As an Analyst Programmer, you will perform analysis and programming duties in the development, implementation and support of information systems and applications.
Analyst Programmer duties and responsibilities
- Design, develop, document, analyze, create, test and modify computer systems, programs and integrations.
- Apply system-analyst techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software or systems functional specifications
- Arrange project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Program the computer by encoding project requirements in computer language; entering coded information into the computer.
- Analyze user information system needs.
- Document the functionality and requirements.
- Research, evaluate and recommend solutions and appropriate technology to meet user's needs.
- Provides reference for use of prime and personal computers by writing and maintaining user documentation; maintaining a help desk.
- Maintains computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements; developing software systems.
Analyst Programmer requirements and qualifications
- Associate's Degree in computer related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Experience in systems design, programming and/or systems software and support.
- Windows .NET Framework, including VB.Net and ASP.Net programming experience preferred.
- Database design/administration experience (Design, implementation, modification,
- Proficient in writing fine-tuned SQL queries, stored procedures (eg. PL/SQL code) and working with data in relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL etc.
- Ability to: Recognize and resolve system related problems; work independently and make necessary decisions throughout the systems process within department guidelines.
Use this Analyst Programmer job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Field Service Representative
- Camera Operator
- Prep Cook
- HR Officer
- Validation Engineer
- HR Coordinator
- Graphic Designer
- Systems Engineer
- Web Master
- Event Planner
- Account Director
- Process Engineer
- Key Account Manager
- Strategic Account Manager
- SQL Server DBA
- Credit Analyst
- Sales Associate
- Director of Nursing
- Training Manager
- Costume Designer
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Construction Estimator
- Business Development Consultant
Culture & People
The Importance of Building a Great Company Culture
Google Hire is Shutting Down: What Next?
Culture & People
Revamp Your Employee Training
Culture & People
Omnichannel Strategy and Employee Engagement go Hand in Hand