Histopathologist job profile
Histopathologists are doctors who diagnose and study disease using expert medical interpretation of cells and tissue samples. Histopathologists analyse human tissue from the living and the dead in order to make a diagnosis of disease.
In order to attract Histopathologist that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Histopathologist job description.
Histopathologist job description
Are you interested in becoming an invaluable member of a team partaking in grounbreaking research that could save millions of lives?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, forward thinking Histopathologist to join our existing team to further develop the clinical histopathology service.
Histopathologist duties and responsibilities
- Examination and dissection of surgical resection specimens, to select the most appropriate samples for microscope slides
- microscopic examination of tissues
- Construction of clinical reports
- Provide direction to other members of the biomedical team
- Recommend the replacement and/or order of new equipment
- Continue to further education by participating in forums, conferences and industry specific organizations
- Maintain awareness of best practice standards
- Handle materials in accordance with the standards for infection prevention and control
- [X] year(s) experience as a specialist
- Maintain standards according to the General Medical Council (GMC), or other relevant, industry specific organization
- General knowledge of clinical and surgical practice
- Well organised with excellent time management skills
- Attention to details and an keen eye for pattern recognition
- Degree in Medicine, Board Certification, and appropriate license to practice
Use this Histopathologist job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards