Legal Secretary job description template
This Legal Secretary job description template includes the list of most important Legal Secretary's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Legal Secretary job profile
Legal Secretary is a professional who assist attorneys. Legal secretary provides support handling legal as well as administrative tasks .
In order to attract Legal Secretary that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Legal Secretary job description.
Legal Secretary job description
Are you a Legal Secretary looking for an opportunity to advance you career?
If you have proactive attitude, strong customer service orientation and multi-tasking abilities, we have a perfect job for you!
We are seeking to hire a Legal Secretary to join our dynamic team. This is a great opportunity for a junior to mid-level secretary with strong legal support skills.
Your job will be to perform a wide range of secretarial, administrative and legal office procedures and work closely with other team members and staff.
Legal Secretary duties and responsibilities
- Research and verify case intelligence
- Preparation of documents required for litigation (e.g. trial preparation, Note of Issue)
- Manage the office calendar, schedule depositions
- Proofread and edit correspondence to correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Handle correspondence of all types (e.g. written, electronic, in-person and phone)
- Print and file correspondence
- Prepare client invoices
- Organize travel arrangements, including booking hotels and airline tickets
- Complete time sensitive materials with the required urgency
- Coordinate audio/video and other equipment for virtual meetings and conferences
- Utilize the document management system to file paperwork appropriately
- Prioritize, manage multiple assignments and communicate the status of assignments in a timely manner
- Work closely with other team members and staff
Legal Secretary qualifications and requirements
- Previous working experience as a Legal Secretary for [X] year(s)
- Legal Secretary certification of diploma
- Familiarity with the rules of court litigation
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office programs
- Ability to type [X] words per minute
- Excellent multitasking and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills