Internal Auditor job description template
This Internal Auditor job description template includes the list of most important Internal Auditor's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Internal Auditor job profile
Internal Auditor provides independent assurance that an organization's risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively.
In order to attract Internal Auditor that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Internal Auditor job description.
Internal Auditor job description
We are looking for a hardworking, professional Internal auditor to provide independent assurance that an organization's risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively.
You'll work with businesses and organizations to monitor and evaluate how well risks are being managed, how business is running and if internal processes are working.
Internal Auditor responsibilities
- Perform the full audit cycle
- Ensure adherence to all relevant rules and regulations
- Research and study relevant accounting documentation and look for inconsistency and mistakes
- Provide advice for senior management and support their decision making
- Identify potential problem areas and suggest appropriate risk management activities
- Managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications
- Prepare formal reports with recommendations to management of the audited processes
- Perform follow up audits, track and measure interventions
- Keep abreast of industry and market trends and best practices
Internal Auditor requirements
- Previous working experience as Internal Auditor for (x) year(s)
- Hands on experience with accounting software and databases
- In-depth knowledge of auditing rules and regulations
- Analytical mindset and critical thinker
- Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or similar relevant field
- The Certified Internal Auditor certification is an advantage