Police Officer job description template
This Police Officer job description template includes the list of most important Police Officer's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Police Officer job profile
Police Officer is a professional responsible for providing law enforcement services and police duties associated with the protection, safety and welfare of citizens.
In order to attract Police Officer that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Police Officer job description.
Police Officer job description
Are you an experienced Police Officer looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career?
If you are dedicated person with a strong sense of integrity and passionate about helping people, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a dedicated Police Officer. You will help us make the city safe, change lives, and be a role model for the youth.
Police Officer duties and responsibilities
- Utilize community policing strategies
- Detain and arrest criminal offenders where appropriate and authorized by law
- Proactively patrol the assigned district to prevent crime, maintain the peace and suppress disturbances
- Investigate criminal and unusual activities that may occur
- Represent the department while attending neighborhood watch meetings
- Assist in public safety efforts for parades, marches, and demonstrations
- Interview crime witnesses
- Verify information provided by witnesses and produce reports
- Complete incident reports and other necessary paperwork
- Work with the noise enforcement patrol on a bi-weekly basis
- Respond to emergency calls and all calls for service
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, and the public
- Maintain proficiency in specialized weapons, equipment and tactics for defending
Police Officer requirements and qualifications
- Police academy certification
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driving license
- Ability to pass a criminal history background check
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of police work: arrest techniques, defensive tactics, vehicle operations-normal and emergency situations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Aptitude to react quickly and calmly to emergency police situations
- Cope with situations firmly, courteously, tactfully, and with respect for the rights of others