This School Counselor job description template includes the list of most important School Counselor's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
School Counselor job profile
School Counselors are responsible for overseeing and managing a strategy for helping students prepare for their careers, develop highly-competent personal and career skills and achieve better academic results.
In order to attract School Counselor that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise School Counselor job description.
School Counselor job description
We are looking for an experienced and passionate School Counselor to join our team! As a School Counselor at our school, your main duty will be to plan and implement strategy for helping students achieve better academic results through developing both personal and career competencies.
School Counselor duties and responsibilities
- Plan,develop and manage the overall school counseling strategy
- Develop a competent counseling program
- Track and monitor program's success
- Determine key programs' KPIs
- Ensure equal opportunities among students
- Prioritiyze based on set strategies and principles
- Serve as an advisor to student, answer their questions and concerns
- Collaborate and consult with parents, teachers, community organisations and other stakeholders
School Counselor requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a School Counselor or similar role
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to focus on the needs of students
- Knowledge of various counseling models, practices and resources
- Engaging interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Sound judgement and emotional intelligence
- MA degree in School Counseling
Use this School Counselor job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards