Chef job profile
Some of the main responsibilities Chefs have include overseeing of restaurant's kitchen by managing other members of the team and deciding on which dishes to serve to meet guests' requests.
In addition. they may assist in prep work, such as chopping vegetables, but more often will be involved in preparing and cooking specialty dishes.
In order to attract Chef that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Chef job description.
Chef job description
We are looking for a great Chef to join our cooking team!
As our Chef, you will be overseeing our restaurant's kitchen and manage the members of our kitchen dream team. You will also be responsible for deciding which dishes to serve to meet guests' requests and delight their taste bulbs.
If cooking is your passion, and if you love making others happy with your food, you will love this position!
Chef duties and responsibilities
- Create new and innovative menu items
- Manage the overall menu
- Ensure the highest quality in preparation of dishes
- Make sure ingredients are always fresh and high-quality
- Regularly check food and beverage in stock, cooking supplies, tools and equipment
- Cook dishes in accordance with previously set menus
- Regularly check and inspect inventory levels
- Place orders for new supplies in a timely manner
- Ensure kitchen and other supplies are always clean
- Prepare special dishes for guests with special dietary needs
- Supervise and lead kitchen staff
- Previous working experience as a Chef for (x) years
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to motivate others and lead by example
- In-depth knowledge of cooking trends and best practices
- [X] degree in Culinary or equivalent
Use this Chef job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Corporate Travel Manager
- Sales Executive
- Spa Therapist
- Visual Merchandiser
- Registered Nurse
- Leasing Agent
- Category Manager
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Event Planner
- Tax Manager
- Construction Project Manager
- Customer Intelligence Manager
- Shipping Manager
- Leasing Consultant
- Digital Media Specialist
- Interior Designer
- Nursing Supervisor
- Wait Staff
- Loan Processor
- Sous Chef
- Data Coordinator
- Claims Examiner