Boilermaker job description template
This Boilermaker job description template includes the list of most important Boilermaker 's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Boilermaker job profile
Boilermaker is a skilled tradesperson who fabricates, assembles, erects, and maintains boilers, tanks, pressure vessels, and other heavy metal structures. Boilermakers use hand and power tools, welding equipment, and heavy machinery to cut, shape, and join metal parts. This is a physically demanding job that requires working at heights and in confined spaces. Boilermakers must have knowledge of blueprints, specifications, and safety regulations. They work in various industries, including construction, manufacturing, and power generation.
In order to attract Boilermakers that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Boilermaker job description.
Boilermaker job description
We are looking for a skilled Boilermaker who will be responsible for the fabrication, modification, and repair of boilers, tanks, and other vessels. In this role, you will be expected to read and interpret blueprints, use hand and power tools to cut and shape metal, and weld components together. You will also be responsible for inspecting and testing completed vessels to ensure they meet safety standards.
Boilermaker duties and responsibilities
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, and engineering specifications to determine the layout of boilers, pressure vessels, and other large containers
- Construct, assemble, maintain, and repair boilers, tanks, and other vessels made of metal, including steel and aluminum
- Perform welding, brazing, and soldering using various techniques and equipment
- Install and maintain boiler systems, including pipes, valves, and fittings
- Perform routine maintenance on boilers and other vessels, including cleaning, lubricating, and replacing parts as necessary
- Inspect and test boilers and other vessels for leaks, cracks, and other defects
- Follow safety procedures and regulations when working with boilers and other vessels, including wearing protective equipment and ensuring proper ventilation
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment used in the construction and repair of boilers and other vessels
- Collaborate with other tradespeople, including electricians and pipefitters, to complete projects
- Keep accurate records of work performed and materials used
Boilermaker requirements and qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a boilermaker apprenticeship program or equivalent work experience
- Physical strength and stamina
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings
- Knowledge of welding, cutting, and fabrication techniques
- Experience with hand and power tools
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work in a variety of environments, including outdoors and at heights
- Commitment to safety and following established procedures