Legal Assistant job profile
Legal Assistant help lawyers prepare for hearings, trials, and corporate meetings. However, their specific duties may vary depending on the size of the firm and the area of law in which the paralegal works.
In order to attract Legal Assistant that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Legal Assistant job description.
Legal Assistant job description
Are you an aspiring energetic, organized and hard-working Legal Assistant?
If so, this may be the perfect position for you.
We are looking for a proactive Legal Assistant whose main task will be to manage cases and help with administartive load of our office.
Legal Assistant duties and responsibilities
- Draft client contracts and submit to staff for review
- File legal documents and correspondence daily
- Respond to email, walk-in and phone inquiries from clients and witnesses
- Maintaining attorney calendars, including all appointments, court deadlines, meetings, and all necessary dates regarding pleadings
- Help attorneys prepare for meetings and trials
- Prepare case testimony, briefs and interrogatories
- Research and verify documents and statistics as needed
- Proofread correspondence, marketing materials and other written content
- Maintain complete and orderly files in a manner that expedites retrieval
- Ensure record and privacy requirements are followed
Legal Assistant qualifications and requirements
- BA degree in Law or similar relevant field
- Previous working experience as a Legal Assistant for (x) year(s)
- In depth knowledge of legal databases, procedures and protocols
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical and critical thinking aptitude
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Use this Legal Assistant job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Training Manager
- Vice President (VP) of HR
- File Clerk
- Administration Manager
- National Sales Manager
- Recruitment Marketing Specialist
- Public Relations (PR) Executive
- AngularJS Developer
- General Manager
- Vice President (VP) of Content
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Customer Service Manager
- Assistant Game Producer
- Office Assistant
- C developer
- SAP Developer
- Construction Manager
- Customer Marketing Manager
- Middleware Developer
- Recruitment Consultant
- Network Technician
- Cabin Crew
The Anatomy of a Perfect Career Site
What Are the Risks of a Delayed Recruitment Process?
Retail Recruiting: Tips for Recruiting Retail Professionals
How to Attract Talent to Your Startup…and Retain It!