This Chief Technology Officer (CTO) job description template includes the list of most important Chief Technology Officer (CTO)'s duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
CTO (Chief Technology Officer) job description
Are you an experienced CTO (Chief Technology Officer) looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment?
If you are ambitious, multitasking go-getter able to thrive in the fast-paced environment, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a competent CTO (Chief Technology Officer) who will be our first technology go-to expert and play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth. In this position, you will oversee our overall technology development and technology utilization plan an manage all information technology resources of our company.
CTO (Chief Technology Officer) duties and responsibilities
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
- Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Consolidate our technology platforms and create plans for each
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in technology landscape
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
CTO (Chief Technology Officer) requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a CTO (Chief Technology Officer) for (x) year(s)
- MA in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Hands on experience with complex project management
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Attention to details
Use this Chief Technology Officer (CTO) job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
10 Best Job Interview Questions
Lead Generation for Recruiters: 13 Ways to Build Your Talent Pool
6 Skills Employers Should Look for in Graduates
Create an Outstanding LinkedIn Company Page in 5 Easy Steps