This Chief Technology Officer (CTO) job description template includes the list of most important Chief Technology Officer (CTO)'s duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use this Chief Technology Officer (CTO) job description template to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire the best employees.
CTO (Chief Technology Officer) job profile
CTO (Chief Technology Officer) job description: Intro
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction may look like:
Are you an experienced CTO (Chief Technology Officer) looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your skills and career in a great working environment?
If you are ambitious, multitasking go-getter able to thrive in the fast-paced environment, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a competent CTO (Chief Technology Officer) who will be our first technology go-to expert and play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth. In this position, you will oversee our overall technology development and technology utilization plan an manage all information technology resources of our company.
CTO (Chief Technology Officer) job description: Job duties and responsibilities
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
- Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
- Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
- Consolidate our technology platforms and create plans for each
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
CTO (Chief Technology Officer) job description: Job requirements and qualifications
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- Previous working experience as a CTO (Chief Technology Officer) for (x) year(s)
- MA in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Hands on experience with complex project management
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Attention to details.
How to use this CTO (Chief Technology Officer) job description template?
Use this CTO (Chief Technology Officer) job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.
Looking for more job descriptions beside CTO (Chief Technology Officer) job description?
Check out our job description library!
Use this Chief Technology Officer (CTO) job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Payroll Clerk
- Marketing Consultant
- Sales Coordinator
- Digital Editor
- Social Media Strategist
- Product Marketing Manager
- Restaurant Server
- SEO Manager
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Managing Editor
- MEAN Stack Developer
- Advertising Account Executive
- Training Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- MySQL Developer
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Director of Nursing
- Cabin Crew
- Program Director
- Marketing Executive
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Category Manager
Recruitment Software: How to Evaluate and Choose the Best Recruiting Tool
Recruitment Metrics: Cost-per-hire
Using Video in Recruitment: Interview with Abby Cheesman, Co-founder at Skill Scout
Culture & People
How Can Blind Hiring Improve Workforce Diversity?