Cashier job description template
In order to attract Cashier that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Cashier job description.
Cashier job profile
Cashiers are usually responsible for receiving payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. The also count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of their shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
Cashier job description
Cashier job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what an introduction to your cashier job description may look like:
We are looking for a Cashier to join our team! If you like working with people face-to-face and have a naturally friendly disposition, you will love this job!
Your main responsibility will be to greet customers and answer their questions, operate cash registers, and be an awesome member of our team.
Cashier job description: Duties and responsibilities
Cashier job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Greeting customers with a great attitude
- Operating cash registers quickly and accurately
- Answering customer questions
- Balancing cash registers
- Handling returns, exchanges and complaints
- Answering phones as needed
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Promoting customer loyalty plans
- Training and developing new cashiers
- Helping fellow cashiers solve problems
- Helping with stocking, cleaning and other duties as needed
Cashier job description: Job requirements and responsibilities
Cashier job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Always maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to learn about products
- Must have reliable transportation
- Good math skills
- Comfortable with handling cash and giving change
- Able to maintain a positive and professional attitude toward customers
- At least X months basic computer experience
- Minimum X years experience as a cashier.
Looking for more job descriptions beside this cashier job description?
Check out our job description library.
Use this Cashier job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- General Practitioner
- Computer Technician
- Pastry Chef
- Occupational Therapist
- Creative Director or Art Director
- Embedded Software Engineer
- System Security Engineer
- Creative Director
- Order Picker
- Loan Processor
- Back-End Web Developer
- Construction Project Manager
- Search Engine Marketing Specialist (SEO/SEM)
- Web Designer
- Data Manager
- Media & Analyst Relations Manager
- SEO Consultant
- District Manager
- Event Coordinator
- Financial Advisor
- Influencer Marketing Specialist
- Food and Beverage Manager
- SAP Developer
A Relationship First Approach to Hiring on LinkedIn
6 Things to Think About Before Hiring Remote Employees
Which Marketing Channel is Best for Recruitment in 2020?
Culture & People
The Importance of Building a Great Company Culture