Cashier job profile
Cashiers are usually responsible for receiving payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. The also count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of their shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
In order to attract Cashier that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Cashier job description.
Cashier job description
We are looking for a Cashier to join our team! If you like working with people face-to-face and have a naturally friendly disposition, you will love this job!
Your main responsibility will be to greet customers and answer their questions, operate cash registers, and be an awesome member of our team.
Cashier duties and responsibilities
- Greeting customers with a great attitude
- Operating cash registers quickly and accurately
- Answering customer questions
- Balancing cash registers
- Handling returns, exchanges and complaints
- Answering phones as needed
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Promoting customer loyalty plans
- Training and developing new cashiers
- Helping fellow cashiers solve problems
- Helping with stocking, cleaning and other duties as needed
Cashier requirements and responsibilities
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Always maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to learn about products
- Must have reliable transportation
- Good math skills
- Comfortable with handling cash and giving change
- Able to maintain a positive and professional attitude toward customers
- At least X months basic computer experience
- Minimum X years experience as a cashier
Looking for more job descriptions beside cashier job description? Check out our job description library.
Use this Cashier job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Physical Therapist
- Restaurant Manager
- Event Planner
- Recruiting Coordinator
- CoffeeScript Developer
- Sales Executive
- Hotel Concierge
- Call Center Representative
- Security Officer
- Managing Editor
- Software Security Engineer
- Creative Director or Art Director
- Web Editor
- Food Expeditor
- Community Manager
- Corporate Trainer
- Human Resource Assistant
- Program Manager
- Node.js Developer
- Budget Analyst
- Quality Inspector
What Are the Risks of a Delayed Recruitment Process?
Retail Recruiting: Tips for Recruiting Retail Professionals
How to Attract Talent to Your Startup…and Retain It!
Executive Recruiting: Tips for Recruiting Executives