Costume Designer job profile
Costume designers are generally responsible for creating create the outfits for movies, television shows, or theater productions.
In order to attract Costume Designers that best match your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Costume Designer job description.
Costume Designer job description
We are looking for a creative Costume Designer to join our team! As a Costume Designer, you will mainly be responsible for creating clothes and costume for actors on film, theatre or TV. If you have a creative spirit and love enhancing actor's performance with your costumes, we want you in our team!
Costume Designer duties and responsibilities
- Examine script in details in order to understand costume requirements
- Design sketches of costumes
- Present sketches for approval
- Carry out the final designs with in accordance with chosen fabrics, styles and colors
- Do a research to understand historical periods and different regions
- Develop costume plots for characters
- Execute expenditures and keep budget in check
- Plan and supervise costume fittings and dress rehearsals
- Make sure to return, store and dispose of used costumes
Costume Designer requirements
- Previous working experience as costume designer for (x) years
- In-depth knowledge of design, materials and textiles
- Knowledge of latest costume designing trends
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
- BA fashion design or similar relevant field
Use this Costume Designer job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
10 Best Job Interview Questions
Lead Generation for Recruiters: 13 Ways to Build Your Talent Pool
6 Skills Employers Should Look for in Graduates
Create an Outstanding LinkedIn Company Page in 5 Easy Steps