Warehouse Clerk job description template
This Warehouse Clerk job description template includes the list of most important Warehouse Clerk 's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Warehouse Clerk job profile
Warehouse Clerk is responsible for performing a variety of warehouse duties such as receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse. Warehouse Clerk may also be responsible for operating and maintaining warehouse equipment, keeping records of inventory and stock, and ensuring a clean and safe working environment.
In order to attract the best Warehouse Clerk that matches your needs, it is important to write a clear and precise Warehouse Clerk job description that outlines the specific duties and qualifications required for the role.
Warehouse Clerk job description
We are looking for a detail-oriented Warehouse Clerk who will be responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing products within the warehouse. In this position, you will be expected to maintain inventory accuracy, prepare and pack orders for shipment, and keep the warehouse clean and organized.
Warehouse Clerk duties and responsibilities
- Receive and process warehouse stock products
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Keep track of inventory and report any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Assist in the loading and unloading of trucks
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Warehouse Clerk requirements and qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office and inventory management software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Knowledge of safety procedures and protocols in a warehouse setting