Web Editor job description template
This Web Editor job description template includes the list of most important Web Editor's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Web Editor job profile
Web Editors are usually responsible for the content and images used on a website. Similarly to content editors, they plan, research, write copy and edit the content of a website.
In order to attract Web Editors that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Web Editor job description.
Web Editor job description
We are looking for a creative and passionate Web Editor to research, plan, develop and implement our web content. As a Web Editor, your main goal will be to produce high-quality web content that attracts an audience.
Web Editor duties and responsibilities
- Create, produce and manage high-quality content
- Build relationships with clients and team members
- Supervisevisual layout of content
- Regularly check and track content for accuracy
- Edit, proofread and suggest improvements to written content
- Work in a multidisciplinary team of web designers, marketing executives and photographers
- Adhere to SEO rules
- Use Social Media for better presence
- Comply with copyright and privacy regulations
- Determine and track important KPIs
- Track and analyze website’s traffic
- Produce and present reports
- Keep abreast with new trends in web technology
Web Editor requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Web Editor for (x) years
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills with
- X years of experience with software such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of best SEO practices and tools
- Attention to detail
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in journalism, communications or similar relevant field