Technical Writer job description template
This Technical Writer job description template includes the list of most important Technical Writer's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Technical Writer job profile
Technical Writers are responsible for prepare instruction manuals and articles with the main goal to communicate complex, technical information more easily. They also develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among customers, designers, and manufacturers.
In order to attract Technical Writers that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Technical Writer job description.
Technical Writer job description
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our team! As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for producing high-quality and understandable documentation with the goal to improve the success of our products.
Technical Writer duties and responsibilities
- Study product samples
- Communicate with product designers and developers to understand product details
- Collaborate with technical staff
- Analyze and manage existing and potential content
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Make high-quality documentation that meets standards, is appropriate and easy to use
- Produce and distribute tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- research and collect usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers
Technical Writer requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Technical Writer or similar role
- X years of experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for customers
- Creative skills and usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Excellent written skills in English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree Journalism
- Professional Writing or Creative Writing is a big plus
- Background in engineering or computer science is a big plus
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills