Clinical Assistant job description template
This Clinical Assistant job description template includes the list of most important Clinical Assistant 's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Clinical Assistant job profile
Clinical Assistant is a healthcare professional who provides support to physicians and nurses in clinics, hospitals, and other medical facilities. Clinical Assistants perform various clinical and administrative tasks such as taking vital signs, preparing exam rooms, updating medical records, and assisting with medical procedures. This is an entry-level position. Clinical Assistants work under the supervision of healthcare professionals and are responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the medical facility.
In order to attract Clinical Assistant that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Clinical Assistant job description.
Clinical Assistant job description
We are looking for a dedicated Clinical Assistant who will be responsible for assisting healthcare professionals in patient care. In this position, you will be expected to perform administrative and clinical tasks to keep the office of healthcare professionals running smoothly. You will also be responsible for preparing patients for exams, taking vital signs, and updating medical records.
Clinical Assistant duties and responsibilities
- Assist physicians and nurses in patient care activities
- Obtain and record patient vital signs and medical history
- Prepare exam rooms for patient visits and clean exam rooms after visits
- Perform basic lab tests and collect specimens
- Assist with patient procedures and treatments
- Administer medications and injections as directed by healthcare provider
- Provide patient education and instructions as directed by healthcare provider
- Maintain patient confidentiality and privacy at all times
- Assist with patient scheduling and appointment coordination
- Order and maintain medical supplies and equipment
- Assist with medical record documentation and filing
- Perform other duties as assigned by healthcare provider or supervisor
Clinical Assistant requirements and qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a clinical setting preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Basic computer skills
- Completion of a medical assistant program or equivalent training
- Certification as a medical assistant
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures
- Ability to take and record vital signs accurately
- Experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred