Delivery Driver job description template
This Delivery Driver job description template includes the list of most important Delivery Driver's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
➡️ Check out our Complete List (500+) of Job Description Templates!
Delivery Driver job profile
Delivery Drivers can be responsible for a variety of duties depending on the industry and company they work for. Generally, the are responsible for timely and precise delivery of various items to assigned destinations.
In order to attract Delivery Driver that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Delivery Driver job description.
Delivery Driver job description
We are looking for a responsible and self-driven Delivery Driver to join our team. As a Deliver Driver in our company, you will play a huge role in creating an outstanding customer experience. This is why your role will be very important to us! You main duty will be to serve our customers and clients by delivering orders in a timely manner.
Delivery Driver duties and responsibilities
- X years of experience in driving delivery vehicle
- Adhere to all the local traffic laws
- Develop rapport with customers and clients
- Record successful deliveries
- Prepare daily delivery reports
- Manually transport packages from the vehicle to the customers' doors buildings
- Obtain signatures from delivery recipients
- Immediately report suspicious packages to your supervisorUnload and log unsuccessful deliveries at the end of each shift
Delivery Driver requirements
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- X years of experience with driving a delivery vehicle
- No traffic violation records
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to carry at least X pounds
- Ability to lift packages and carry heavy loads
- Must be at least X years of age