Underwriter job description template
This Underwriter job description template will help you save time, optimize your job ads for SEO and attract qualified candidates for your open Underwriter job position.
In order to attract Underwriter that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Underwriter job description.
Underwriter job profile
Underwriters are responsible for evaluating applicants for insurance. Based on customers' profiles and qualifications, they determine if and what type of insurance a candidate should pursue.
Underwriter job description: Intro
Underwriter job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction to Underwriter job description may look like:
We are looking for a thorough Underwriter to join our team! As an Underwriter, you will be responsible for determining potential clients’ risk factors and make suggestions for the best insurance options.
Underwriter job description: Job duties and responsibilities
Underwriter job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Review insurance applications
- Check clients’ background information and financial status
- Determine best options for clients considering their needs and capabilities
- Produce quotes for competitive insurance premiums
- Negotiate and define the specific terms of insurance policies
- Develop and maintain a profitable book of business for the insurer
- Adhere with applicable insurance laws
Underwriter job description: Job requirements and qualifications
Underwriter job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- X years of experience as an Underwriter or similar role
- X years of experience with analytical tools and statistical packages
- Experience with spreadsheets, SPSS, databases
- Attention to detail
- Confident decision-making skills
- Excellent knowledge of insurance policies
- Ability to relate policy provisions to the loss exposures
- Proven numeracy and statistical skills
- Insurance diploma or certification is a big plus
- BS in Business Administration, Finance or related field
Looking for more job descriptions beside Underwriter job description?
Check out our job description library!
Use this Underwriter job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Food Expeditor
- Back-end Developer
- Bootstrap Developer
- HR Administrative Assistant
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
- Sous Chef
- Front-end Drupal Developer
- General Counsel
- Business Manager
- Hospice Nurse
- Help Desk Manager
- Operations Manager
- Child Care Teacher
- Network Administrator
- Interaction Designer
- AngularJS Developer
- Administration Manager
- Executive Secretary
- Help Desk Specialist
- Construction Expediter
- Product Manager
Getting Executive Buy-in for Recruitment Software in 2019
Hiring Developers: Lessons From 112,000+ Coding Tests
Culture & People
How to Give Negative Feedback to Employees: 10 Best Techniques
11-Steps Recruitment Marketing Action Plan