Underwriter job profile
Underwriters are responsible for evaluating applicants for insurance. Based on customers' profiles and qualifications, they determine if and what type of insurance a candidate should pursue.
In order to attract Underwriter that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Underwriter job description.
Underwriter job description
We are looking for a thorough Underwriter to join our team! As an Underwriter, you will be responsible for determining potential clients’ risk factors and make suggestions for the best insurance options.
Underwriter job profile duties and responsibilities
- Review insurance applications
- Check clients’ background information and financial status
- Determine best options for clients considering their needs and capabilities
- Produce quotes for competitive insurance premiums
- Negotiate and define the specific terms of insurance policies
- Develop and maintain a profitable book of business for the insurer
- Adhere with applicable insurance laws
Underwriter job profile requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as an Underwriter or similar role
- X years of experience with analytical tools and statistical packages
- Experience with spreadsheets,SPSS, databases
- Attention to detail
- Confident decision making skills
- Excellent knowledge of insurance policies
- Ability to relate policy provisions to the loss exposures
- Proven numeracy and statistical skills
- Insurance diploma or certification is a big plus
- BS in Business Administration, Finance or related field
Use this Underwriter job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards