Penetration Testing Expert job description template
This Penetration Testing Expert job description template includes the list of most important Penetration Testing Expert's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Penetration Testing Expert job profile
Penetration Testing Expert is an IT professional specialized in vulnerability assessment and penetration testing programa and responsible for the design and performance of application security robustness tests.
In order to attract Penetration Testing Expert that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Penetration Testing Expert job description.
Penetration Testing Expert job description
Are you an experienced Penetration Testing Expert looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to advance your career?
If you are highly motivated, detail oriented, and customer focused problem solver, we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking a Security Penetration Testing Lead to join our dynamic Security Testing dream team and take lead in performing security testing of applications, networks and infrastructures, including vulnerability assessments, penetration testing and manual testing techniques.
Penetration Testing Expert duties and responsibilities
- Operate a hands-on role involving penetration testing and vulnerability assessment activities of complex applications, operating systems, wired and wireless networks, and mobile applications/devices
- Develop and maintain security testing plans
- Automate penetration and other security testing on networks, systems and applications
- Develop meaningful metrics to reflect the true posture of the environment allowing the organization to make educated decisions based on risk
- Produce actionable, threat-based, reports on security testing results
- Act as a source of direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff
- Mentor and coach other IT security staff to provide guidance and expertise in their growth
- Consult with application developers, systems administrators, and management to demonstrate security testing results, explain the threat presented by the results, and consult on remediation
- Communicate security issues to a wide variety of internal and external “customers” to include technical teams, executives, risk groups, vendors and regulators
- Deliver the annual penetration testing schedule and conducting awareness campaigns to ensure proper budgeting by business lines for annual tests
- Foster and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and business partners
Penetration Testing Expert requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Penetration Testing Expert for (x) year(s)
- BA in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of application development processes and at least one programing or scripting language (e.g., Java, Scala, C#, Ruby, Perl, Python, PowerShell)
- Hands on experience with testing frameworks such as the PTES and OWASP
- Applicable knowledge of Windows client/server, Unix/Linux systems, Mac OS X, VMware/Xen, and cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Excellent organizational and time management skills