Restaurant Server job description template
This Restaurant Server job description template includes the list of most important Restaurant Server's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Restaurant Server job profile
Restaurant Servers are responsible for taking orders and serving food and beverages to guests. They play an important role in guest satisfaction as they are also responsible for checking on customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
In order to attract Restaurant Server that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Restaurant Server job description.
Restaurant Server job description
We are looking for a skilled and friendly Restaurant Server to join our team! This position play a big role for creating and providing best customer experience and satisfaction.
Your ultimate goal should be to provide an exceptional guest experience.
Restaurant Server duties and responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer services
- Greet customers and present menus
- Make suggestions based on their preferences
- Take and serve food/drinks orders
- Up-sell when appropriate
- Arrange table settings
- Keep tables clean and tidy at all times
- Deliver checks and collect payments
- Cooperate and communicate with all serving and kitchen staff
- Adhere to all relevant health department rules/regulations and all customer service guidelines
Restaurant Server requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Restaurant Server
- Experience with developing constructive working and interpersonal relationships with colleagues and customers
- X years of experience with cash register and any ordering information system
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Active listening
- Good physical condition
- High school diploma; food safety training will be considered a plus