Team Leader job description template
This Team Leader job description template includes the list of most important Team Leader's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire the best employees.
➡️ Check out our Complete List (500+) of Job Description Templates!
Team Leader job profile
Team Leaders play extremely important role in motivating company's teams and ensuring their success. Some of their duties include communicating company goals, safety practices, and deadlines with designated teams. They are responsible for motivating team members and assessing their performance and evaluation.
In order to attract Team Leaders that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Team Leader job description.
Team Leader job description
We are looking for an experienced, self-driven and motivated Team Leader to join our team! As our Team Leader, you will be responsible for supervising, overseeing, leading, managing, rewarding and motivating various company's teams.
Team Leader duties and responsibilities
- Set clear team goals and KPIs
- Delegate tasks and set project deadlines
- Oversee day-to-day teams' operation and performance
- Do regular performance evaluation
- Create a healthy and motivating work environment and atmosphere
- Develop a well designed and motivating evaluation program
- Communicate with teams about their performance
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Motivate team members
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Plan and organize team-building activities
Team Leader requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Team Leader or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Good PC skills, especially MS Excel
- Experience with organizing training programs
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in Management or training in team leading is a plus