Receiving Clerk job profile
Receiving Clerks work in warehouses or other facilities where they receive a large number of shipments and deliveries. They also may be responsible for loading and unloading shipments, as well as verifying that shipment contents are correct and undamaged.
In order to attract Receiving Clerk that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Receiving Clerk job description.
Receiving Clerk job description
We are looking for a hardworking and reliable Receiving Clerk to join our team! As a Receiving Clerk at our company, you will be responsible for receiving, checking and recording incoming shipments of various materials and products.
Receiving Clerk duties and responsibilities
- Work with procurement staff on everyday basis
- Receive shipments
- Handle all necessary paperwork upon shipment receipt
- Unload material from incoming shipments
- Inspect all the contents for damages and volume
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders, such as suppliers and shipper
- Identify any bottlenecks in the process
- Manage and return wrong shipments
- Handle and document invoices
- Keep records and help with inventory control
Receiving Clerk requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as Receiving Clerk for (x) years
- Certification for operating forklift will be considered as an advantage
- Hand on experience with entry data software
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety standards, rules and regulations
- Math and recording abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Great communication, presentation and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent physical stamina
Use this Receiving Clerk job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
10 Best Job Interview Questions
Lead Generation for Recruiters: 13 Ways to Build Your Talent Pool
6 Skills Employers Should Look for in Graduates
Create an Outstanding LinkedIn Company Page in 5 Easy Steps