Network Administrator job profile
Network Administrator is an IT professional specialized in managing communications networks.
In order to attract Network Administrator that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Network Administrator job description.
Network Administrator job description
Are you an aspiring Network Administrator looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career?
If you are highly experienced with drive and passion to succeed no matter what, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a Network Administrator to maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network.
Network Administrator duties and responsibilities
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, security and peripheral devices
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in house servers
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Keep an eye out for needed updates
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Troubleshoot server and server application issues
- Provide technical support and guidance for users
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
Network Administrator requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Network Administrator for (x) year(s)
- BSc degree in Computer Science or similar relevant field
- Any additional relevant certification (Juniper, Cisco, CWNA or BCNE) will be considered an advantage
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- In depth knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Applicable experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Attention to details
Use this Network Administrator job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards