Data Entry Operator job description template
Data Entry Operator job profile
Data Entry Operators are usually responsible for entering data into different computer databases, manage and maintain effective record keeping. In addition, they may be responsible for organizing files, collecting and managing data to be entered into the computer.
Data Entry Operator job description: Intro
Data Entry Operator job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction may look like:
We are looking for a Data Entry Operator to join our team!
As a Data Entry Operator, you will be responsible for entering specific data into our databases. You will be responsible for managing data and keeping it organized.
Your main goal will be to keep data in order so that it is easily accessible at any time.
Data Entry Operator job descriptions: Job duties and responsibilities
Data Entry Operator job description should contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Transfer data from paper formats into database systems
- Type in data provided directly from customers or other parties
- Create and manage spreadsheets with large numbers of figures
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Produce reports
- Retrieve data as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort, organize and store paperwork after entering data
Data Entry Clerk job description: Job requirements and qualifications
Data Entry Operator job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- Proven experience as data entry clerk
- Fast typing skills
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools
- X years of experience with spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Basic understanding of databases
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills
- Great attention to detail
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- High school degree or equivalent.
How to use this Data Entry Clerk job description template?
Use this Data Entry Clerk job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.
Looking for more job descriptions beside Data Entry Clerk job description?
Check out our job description library!
Use this Data Entry Operator job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- J2EE Developer
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Consultant
- Director of Marketing Analytics
- Hospice Nurse
- Legal Assistant
- Director of Finance
- Safety Officer
- Corporate Attorney
- Data Analyst
- Software Engineer
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Help Desk Manager
- HTML5 Developer
- Sourcing Manager
- Accounting Clerk
- Training Manager
- Machine Learning Expert
- Plastic Surgeon
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- PHP developer
Recruitment Software: How to Evaluate and Choose the Best Recruiting Tool
Recruitment Metrics: Cost-per-hire
Using Video in Recruitment: Interview with Abby Cheesman, Co-founder at Skill Scout
Culture & People
How Can Blind Hiring Improve Workforce Diversity?