Payroll Clerk job description template
This Payroll Clerk job description template includes the list of most important Payroll Clerk's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Payroll Clerk job profile
Payroll Clerk is a human resources professional responsible for the payroll process as well as a variety of routine clerical tasks in support of the business office.
In order to attract Payroll Clerk that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Payroll Clerk job description.
Payroll Clerk job description
Are you an aspiring, hard working Payroll Clerk looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
If you are intelligent, talented, and forward-thinking person looking for a job that combines competitive pay with good culture, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a qualified Payroll Clerk to join our Human resources dream team and help us upgrade our payroll process.
Payroll Clerk duties and responsibilities
- Plan and manage compensations plans
- Use payroll software such as HRIS to manage payroll
- Work with accounting department to monitor labor expenses
- Assist in budget planning
- Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees
- Calculate regular pay for all employees
- Calculate special bonuses and benefits
- Prepare and process taxes and deductions documents
- Initiate payments on a bi-weekly basis
- Issue and manage statements and invoices
- Calculate unemployment and severance payments
- Determine KPIs for HR department
- Track KPIs and produce reports
- Communicate payroll updates to employees and answer questions
- Find and resolve any issues or discrepancies in payroll on a timely basis
- Provide information to supervisors and assist in presentation planning
- Suggest solutions for improvement
Payroll Clerk requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Payroll Clerk or similar role
- BSc/BA in accounting or similar business field
- In-depth knowledge of GAP
- X years of experience in data collection, entry and reporting
- Great attention to detail
- Computer savvy
- X years of experience with relevant payroll computer programs (such as Payforce)
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solver and critical thinker