IT Director job description template
This IT Director job description template includes the list of most important IT Director's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
IT Director job profile
IT Director is an IT expert who is responsible for planning the information technology future for the organization, as well as for the implementation and maintenance of current systems.
In order to attract IT Director that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise IT Director job description.
IT Director job description
Are you a talented, experienced IT Director who thrives in high energy environment?
We are looking for an experienced IT Director to take charge of all IT functions in our company.
You will lead a team of IT managers and sustain the company’s technology operations. You will also be responsible for advancing it by implementing new IT systems and policies.
We offer highly competitive compensation and benefits.
IT Director duties and responsibilities
- Oversee all technology operations and functions and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Coordinate IT managers team and supervise other IT professionals (computer scientists, technicians, etc.)
- Control budget and report on expenditure
- Build long-term relationships with vendors
IT Director requirements
- Previous working experience as IT director for (x) year(s)
- In-depth knowledge of analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Time management and budget control
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or similar relevant field