Procurement Manager job profile
Procurement Manager is a supply chain and logistics professional specialized in ensuring cost-effective purchase of all materials and services as required by the procurement plan whilst ensuring quality control and compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
In order to attract Procurement Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Procurement Manager job description.
Procurement Manager job description
Are you an aspiring Procurement Manager looking for an opportunity to advance your skills and your career?
If you are a natural leader with a commercial mindset able to negotiate effectively while maintaining mutually beneficial relationships and serve as an example for your team, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for an ambitious Procurement Manager to take the lead of our procurement dream team and be responsible for the full spectrum of purchasing process including supplier selection and management, price negotiation, purchase order execution, timely delivery, stock optimization, etc.
Procurement Manager duties and responsibilities
- Create and implement regional procurement strategies that are innovative, cost-effective, and incorporate the growing complexities and challenges within industry
- Build long-term relationships with vendors in the industry
- Compare proposals for price and specifications
- Negotiate with vendors to reduce costs
- Review contract specifications on behalf of the company
- Communicate with vendors to ensure that the product arrives in a timely fashion
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with critical suppliers
- Manage technological systems that track the shipment, inventory and supply of materials
- Lead transformational activities to build procurement organizational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly procurement reports
- Ensure adherence to all safety, health, and environmental rules and regulations
- Keep abreast of changing industry trends
Procurement Manager requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as a Procurement Manager for [X] year(s)
- MA in Business Administration, Logistics, or similar relevant fields
- In-depth knowledge of contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms
- Superb communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Problem solver with a strong analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Negotiation aptitude
Use this Procurement Manager job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Mobile Developer
- Marketing Strategist
- Police Officer
- Regional Field Marketing Manager
- Conversion Optimization Specialist
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Vice President (VP) of Content
- Web Analyst
- SAP Developer
- Software Tester
- Influencer Marketing Specialist
- Preschool Teacher
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Bank Teller
- Security Manager
- Sales Coordinator
- Talent Acquisition (TA) Manager
- Senior DevOps Engineer
- Line Cook
- Loan Processor
Recruitment Marketing Tips: 11 Recruitment Content Ideas
Culture & People
How to Motivate High Performing Employees?
Recruitment Content for Every Step of Candidate Journey
Candidate Journey Mapping: Step-by-Step Guide