Editor job profile
Editors can be responsible for different roles depending on the job and industry they work in. In general, editor are responsible for planning, managing and revising various material for books, newspaper, websites, magazines etc.
In order to attract Editors that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Editor job description.
Editor job description
We are looking for a competent and experienced Editor to join our team! As an Editor in our company, you will be responsible for ensuring that the content for publication is accurate and in accordance with our quality standards.
Editor duties and responsibilities
- Verify content produced before submissions
- Determine if the content is in accordance with quality standards
- Approve submissions when appropriate
- Notify writers of the publication timeline
- Monitor and manage the design and aesthetic of the content
- Plan, implements and coordinate content writing team
- Proofread and make suggested edits
- Discuss ideas for new content ideas
Editor requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience working as an editor
- Passionate reader of similar, competing journals
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skills in X language
- Excellent command of MS Office, InDesign, and other publishing tools
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- X degree in Journalism or relevant fields
Use this Editor job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards