Environmental Health and Safety Engineer job profile
Environmental Health and Safety Engineer can have different duties depending on the company and industry they work in. In general, they are responsible for creating and enforcing a culture of safety within their organizations.
In order to attract Environmental Health and Safety Engineers that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Environmental Health and Safety Engineer job description.
Environmental Health and Safety Engineer job description
We are looking for an experienced and responsible Environmental Health and Safety Engineer to join our team. As an Environmental Health and Safety Engineer at our company, you will be responsible for ensuring the organization complies with all environmental, health and safety regulations.
Environmental Health and Safety Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that company policies adhere to local, state and federal regulations.
- Train and oversee employees on health and safety regulations
- Monitor personnel and work space
- Always ensure the company is prepared to submit the appropriate document
- Encourage and advocate for safer work equipment, materials and supplies
- Track the number of incidents and produce reports
- Monitor exposure to certain hazardous chemicals
- Report to Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) and other relevant organizations
- Attend seminars/workshops for further education
- Work with legislators and politicians to support key local legislation
Environmental Health and Safety Engineer requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator or similar role
- Ability to perform audits, write, and submit reports
- Appropriate licensure
- Appropriate certification for the geographic region
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- X years of experience working with Health, Safety and/or Environmental policy
- Degree in Environmental Health or relevant field
Use this Environmental Health and Safety Engineer job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards