Shift Manager job description template
This Shift Manager job description template includes the list of most important Shift Manager's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire the best employees.
Shift Manager job profile
Shift Manager is someone who is in charge of leading and supervising the restaurant staff and all restaurant operations.
In order to attract a Shift Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Shift Manager job description.
Shift Manager job description
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Shift Manager to join our team! As a Shift Manager, you will be responsible for supervising our restaurant operations and our restaurant personnel.
Shift Manager duties and responsibilities
- Opening or closing the restaurant
- Greeting and assisting customers
- Managing and supervising restaurant staff
- Creating schedules
- Maintaining inventory and ordering food supplies
- Conducting performance reviews
- Training employees
- Maintaining restaurant equipment
- Tracking daily costs and revenues
- Resolving customer complaints
- Resolving conflict between staff members
- Ensuring a clean and tidy work environment
- Ensuring compliance with safety regulations
Shift Manager requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Restaurant Management, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of X years of experience as a Shift Manager or similar role
- Basic bookkeeping skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Flexibility to work different shifts
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to motivate others
Looking for more job description templates?
Check out our job description templates library!