Stocking job description template
This Stocking job description template includes the list of most important Stocking 's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Stocking job profile
Stocking is a position responsible for receiving, organizing, and restocking merchandise in a retail store. Stockers must ensure that the store shelves are fully stocked and visually appealing to customers. This is a physically demanding role that requires lifting and carrying heavy boxes and standing for extended periods of time. Stockers must be detail-oriented and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. This is an entry-level position with opportunities for advancement within the company. To attract the best Stocking candidates, it is important to clearly outline the physical demands of the job and the expected work schedule in the job description.
Stocking job description
We are looking for a detail-oriented Stocking professional who will be responsible for ensuring that all inventory is properly stored and accounted for. In this position, you will be expected to maintain accurate records of stock levels and communicate any discrepancies to management. You will also be responsible for organizing and stocking shelves, as well as performing routine inventory audits.
Stocking duties and responsibilities
- Receive and unpack merchandise from delivery trucks.
- Check incoming shipments for accuracy and completeness.
- Sort and organize merchandise in the stockroom.
- Stock shelves, racks, and displays with new merchandise.
- Ensure that all merchandise is properly labeled and priced.
- Rotate merchandise to ensure that older items are sold first.
- Assist customers with locating merchandise on the sales floor.
- Keep the stockroom and sales floor clean and organized.
- Perform inventory counts and reconcile discrepancies.
- Notify management of any damaged or defective merchandise.
Stocking requirements and qualifications
- Ability to lift heavy items
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in a similar role preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work well in a team
- Basic math skills