Assistant Editor job profile
Assistant Editors usually work directly under specific editors. Their main task depends on the publication or company that they are working for.
In order to attract Assistant Editor that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Assistant Editor job description.
Assistant Editor job description
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Editor to join our team! As an Assistant Editor, you will participate in all stages of the publication processes in our company.
Assistant Editor duties and responsibilities
- Work with the editor-in-chief on a regular basis
- Research, plan and implement new articles
- Work with other team members such as writers, reporters and photographers
- Write, manage and edit written work
- Investigate and suggest good sources
- Suggest improvements for pieces
- Participate at current events
- Use social media and SEO to increase article impressions
Assistant Editor requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as an Assistant Editor or similar field
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Experience with MS Office
- Experience with InDesign
- Familiarity with SEO
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Proficiency in English
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BSc degree in journalism, communications or related field
Use this Assistant Editor job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards