Camera Operator job description template
This Camera Operator job description template includes the list of most important Camera Operator's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Camera Operator job profile
Camera operators can have different roles depending on the industry they work at. If television camera operators, they usually work with digital, electronic and film cameras.
Camera Operators also produce required shots by combining the use of complex technology with creative visual skills.
Most often, Camera Operators work under a director or director of photography and sometimes have the support of camera assistant.
Camera Operator job description
We are looking for an experienced Camera Operator to join our team! As a Camera Operator, you will be responsible for capturing high quality and attractive shots, videos and images for film and TV production needs.
If you are a passionate creator and love working with the latest filming equipment, you will also love this job!
Camera Operator duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with directors to determine shooting needs and requirements
- Chose and set all the needed filming equipment
- Arrange cameras and examine angles to achieve the best shooting outcomes
- Test camera movements
- Shoot scenes according to guidance and requirements
- Film quality footage
- Collaborate with other team members
- Report and resolve any technical or practical issues
- Provide creative input to scene planning and implementation
- Execute editing activities
Camera Operator requirements
- Previous working experience as camera operator for (x) years
- Hands on experience in operating relevant filming equipment
- Familiarity with filming and camera scripts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of filming and capturing footage
- Excellent physical stamina
- MA in film, Media or similar relevant field