LPN job profile
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) is a medical professional who provides skilled nursing care. LPN performS professional administrative and clinical duties including but not limited to care, treatment, documentation, education and medication administration under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician.
In order to attract LPN that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise LPN job description.
LPN job description
Are you an experienced LPN looking for na opportunity to advance your career?
If you are dedicated, team oriented professional with excellent communication and customer service skills who is well adapted to a fast-paced environment, we have a perfect job for you!
We are looking for a compassionate LPN WHO is interested in being a positive presence in the lives of sick and injured patients.
LPN duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of nursing activities for assigned patients, including admission, treatment planning, ongoing case management during treatment stay and discharge planning
- Taking medical histories and entering information into computer systems
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis
- Assess patients under treatment and observe their progress
- Monitor patients’ condition and provide medical care
- Provide assistance to patients in daily activities such as eating, bathing etc.
- Administer prescribed medications
- Respond to emergency medical situations in an urgent manner and perform on the spot emergency assistance which may include first aid and/or CPR
- Keep patient records updated and in check
- Provide patients and their families with emotional and psychological support
- Provide support and advice to patients’ family and friends
LPN qualifications and requirements
- Previous working experience as LPN for (x) year(s)
- LPN license
- Any additional certification will be considered an advantage
- Hands on experience with health, safety and sanitation regulations
- In-depth knowledge of medical and hospital procedures and terminology
- Good physical stamina
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and patient
- Patient-oriented mindset
Use this LPN job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Home Health Aide
- Inside Sales Manager
- Internal Auditor
- Leasing Agent
- HR Officer
- Procurement Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Technical Support Engineer
- IT Director
- Search Engine Marketing Specialist (SEO/SEM)
- Process Analyst
- Swift Developer
- Loan Officer
- Maintenance Manager
- Public Relations Intern
- Sales Engineer
- Marketing Strategist
- Spa Therapist
- General Manager
- Child Care Teacher
Job Fair Recruitment: Top 8 Tactics for Employers
Recruitment Software: How to Evaluate and Choose the Best Recruiting Tool
Recruitment Metrics: Cost-per-hire
Using Video in Recruitment: Interview with Abby Cheesman, Co-founder at Skill Scout
Culture & People