➡️ Check out our Complete List (500+) of Job Description Templates!
Security Guard job description template
Security Guard job profile
To write an effective Security Guard job description, you need to understand what exactly a Security Guard does.
Security Guards duties often include securing premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment and inspecting buildings and equipment. Security Guards duties can also access points as well as permitting or prohibiting entry.
Security Guard job description: Intro
Security Guard job description should start with an interesting, eye-catching introduction.
Here is an idea of what this introduction to Security Guard job description may look like:
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Security Guard to join our team. As a Security Guard, you will undertake the surveillance of our premises and the protection of our staff and visitors. In addition, you will be responsible for detecting any suspicious happenings and preventing vandalism, thefts or any other criminal behavior.
Security Guard job description: Job duties and responsibilities
Security Guard job description should contain the following security guard duties and responsibilities:
- Inspect and patrol premises regularly
- Monitor property entrance
- Authorize entrance of people and vehicles
- Report any suspicious behaviors and happenings
- Secure all exits, doors and windows
- Monitor surveillance cameras
- Respond to alarms and react in a timely manner
- Provide assistance to people in need
- Submit reports of daily surveillance activity
- Submit reports of every suspicious action
Security Guard job description: Job requirements and qualifications
Security Guard job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- X years of experience as a Security Guard or similar role
- Good understanding of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
- Some experience with report writing
- Outstanding surveillance and observation skills
- X years of experience in surveillance systems
- Trained in First Aid/BLS and self-defense
- Registered as a security officer
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- High School diploma is required
How to use this Security Guard job description template?
Looking for more job descriptions beside Security Guard job description?
Check out our job description library!
Use this Security Guard job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
Related Job Descriptions
- Public Relations (PR) Executive
- Supply Chain Engineer
- Managing Editor
- Visual Merchandiser
- Recruitment Consultant
- Pastry Chef
- Office Administrator
- Video Editor
- Senior Administrative Assistant
- Software Security Engineer
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Budget Analyst
- Game Animator
- Marketing Assistant
- Plastic Surgeon
- Criminal Investigator
- Auto Mechanic
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Technical Trainer
- Talent Acquisition (TA) Manager
- UI Designer
- Digital Project Manager