General Counsel job profile
General Counsel is the chief attorney of a legal department within the government or corporate office. General Conusel is a senior position which manages other lawyer in organization.
In order to attract General Counsel that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise General Counsel job description.
General Counsel job description
We are looking for an excellent General Counsel to further advance our business. You will ensure that company operates within the law at all times, offer counsel on legal issues, serve as an effective guardian of the organisation and facilitate business development. The successful candidate will be able to manage the impact of external factors and limit risk exposure.
General Counsel duties and responsibilities
- Provide legal opinions on various situations
- Provide interpretations and recommendations to management and other staff
- Plan and implement internal policies and procedures
- Predict issues if possible
- Estimate risks in advance
- Proactively look for solutions and better practices to mitigate risk
- Deal with external parties such as regulators and external counsels
- Drive, motivate and direct team toward the right performance
- Ensuring compliance with
local, state, and federal laws and regulations
General Counsel requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a General Counsel or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of wide range of legal issues
- Very good understanding of legal issues
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Ability to predict and prevent legal issues and risks
- Strong moral and ethical principles
- Professional ethics
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Leadership and management skills
- BSc degree in Law
- MA or BSc in Business Administration is a plus
Use this General Counsel job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards