Director of Nursing job description template
This Director of Nursing job description template includes the list of most important Director of Nursing's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Director of Nursing job profile
Directors of Nursing are also known as Nursing Directors. They are Registered Nurses (RNs) who have, in their medical field, taken some managerial responsibility as well. Some of their managerial duties may include budget planning and management, as well as staff leadership and supervision.
In order to attract Directors of Nursing that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Director of Nursing job description.
Director of Nursing job description
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Director of Nursing to join our team! As a Director of Nursing, you will be responsible for organizing and managing all the nursing operations at our facilities.
One of your main duties will be to develop a healthy and efficient work environment with happy and motivated employees whose main goal is to provide the best patient care possible.
Director of Nursing duties and responsibilities
- Direct, supervise and evaluate performance of the nursing staff
- Develop and execute staffing plans, forecasts and procedures
- Make staff schedules
- Use staffing software
- Set objectives and long-term goals
- Determine and track KPIs
- Make reports and present identified KPIs
- Prepare and handle budgets and track expenditures
- Manage record-keeping procedures
- Establish collaboration and build long-term relationships with relevant departments
- Create and present reports to senior managers
Director of Nursing requirements
- X years of experience as Director of Nursing or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of hospital processes and operations
- Knowledge of hospital budgeting and financial reporting
- Familiarity with all relevant legal rules and regulations
- Knowledge of latest best practices in healthcare
- Knowledge of latest healthcare technology and trends
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great communication and presentation skills