Materials Handler job description template
This Materials Handler job description template includes the list of most important Materials Handler 's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Materials Handler job profile
Materials Handler is responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing materials and products within a warehouse or manufacturing environment. They are required to operate material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks to move materials to and from storage areas and loading docks. Materials Handlers are also responsible for maintaining inventory records and ensuring that materials are properly labeled and stored to prevent damage or loss. They may be required to assist in the packaging and shipping of products, as well as performing routine maintenance on equipment. This is a physically demanding role that requires attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A successful Materials Handler should have excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Materials Handler job description
We are looking for a detail-oriented Materials Handler who will be responsible for managing inventory, receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, and picking and filling orders from stock. In this position, you will also be expected to operate warehouse equipment, maintain accurate records, and ensure a clean and safe working environment.
Materials Handler duties and responsibilities
- Receive and inspect incoming materials and products for quality, quantity, and accuracy of shipment.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Pick and fill orders from stock, pack and ship orders to customers or other departments.
- Prepare documentation, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Operate material handling equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or dollies, to move stock or reorganize storage areas.
- Maintain inventory records and perform cycle counts to ensure accuracy of stock levels.
- Assist with inventory control and audits as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Materials Handler requirements and qualifications
- Ability to lift heavy objects and operate material handling equipment
- Good physical stamina and hand-eye coordination
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in material handling or related field preferred
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures
- Familiarity with inventory management systems and software
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment