Event Planner job profile
Event Planners' roles can vary depending on the company and industry they work in. In general, they are responsible for planning, organizing, managing and coordinating various types of events. Usually, they coordinate meetings with clients determine details about events.
In order to attract Event Planners that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Event Planner job description.
Event Planner job description
We are looking for an experienced and creative Event Planner to join our team. As an Event Planner at our company, you will be responsible for organizing and coordinating fun events.
We are expecting you to be very well-organized and competent in vendor management. Communication skills, good time management and attention to detail are a must!
Event Planner duties and responsibilities
- Understand requirements and details of each event
- Understand clients' needs and wants
- Plan and organize events with attention to financial and time constraints
- Book venues and schedule speakers
- Meet with clients and coordinate with them regularly
- Look for and compare different vendors (catering, decorators, musicians etc.)
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favorable terms
- Hire, train and oversee personnel
- Evaluate personnel and provide reports
- Manage all event operations (preparing venue, invitations, food, drinks etc.)
- Track the overall even expenses regularly
- Do event budget planning
- Stay within the budget
- Carefully oversee event happenings
- Offer solutions to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Evaluate event’s success and submit reports
Event Planner requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as event coordinator or similar role
- Portfolio of successful events
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Knowledge of basic recruitment practices
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in hospitality management, public relations or relevant field is preferred
Use this Event Planner job description and post it to multiple job boards!
Start a free TalentLyft trial and post your ad on the most popular job boards today.Post to job boards
10 Best Job Interview Questions
Lead Generation for Recruiters: 13 Ways to Build Your Talent Pool
6 Skills Employers Should Look for in Graduates
Create an Outstanding LinkedIn Company Page in 5 Easy Steps