Shipping Manager job description template
This Shipping Manager job description template includes the list of most important Shipping Manager's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Shipping Manager job profile
Shipping Managers are responsible for various tasks such as packaging, verifying content for shipping, receiving packages, ordering supplies, leading and managing staff. Their main goal is to always ensure timely, accurate and secure shipping and distribution.
In order to attract Shipping Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Shipping Manager job description.
Shipping Manager job description
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Shipping Manager to join our team. As a Shipping Manager, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing our shipping and distribution strategy. Your main duty will be to ensure secure, accurate, timely and productive shipping processes.
Shipping Manager duties and responsibilities
- Plan and implement overall shipping strategy
- Use shipping software to organize and prioritize shipping activities
- Oversee the whole shipping process
- Set shipping KPIs
- Prepare and present KPI reports
- Suggest solutions for process optimization
- Inspect labels and barcodes
- Supervise and oversee shipping team members
- Set and control shipping and distribution budget
- Build and maintain professional relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders (such as warehouse workers, vendors, purchasing managers, suppliers etc.)
- Negotiate better pricing
- Identify shipping issues and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Create and present reports for upper management
Shipping Managers requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Shipping Managers or similar role
- Knowledge of logistics operations and shipping procedures and documents
- Hands on experience with shipping and distribution software
- Hands on experience in budgeting and reporting
- Good leadership skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- High school diploma
- BA in supply chain, logistics or similar relevant field