Insourcing is one of the most productive recruiting methods many companies use. The best candidates for new job openings are often within your company.
Insourcing is a recruiting method companes use to fill open job positions with someone already employed within the organization.
Why is insourcing a good recruiting method?
Often times, your current employees are best match for your newly opened positions. These are people who culturaly make a good match for your company. They already know what are your vission and mission, and they are more likely to align whit them than outsiders.
Insourcing is especially popular when filling higher-level positions. Besides insoursing, employee referral programs are another popular recruiting method among companies.
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- HR Analytics and Data-Driven Recruiting
- Facebook Recruiting
- Employee Value Proposition (EVP)
- Employee Referral
- Employee Turnover
- Affirmative Action
- Action-reflection learning (ARL)
- 360 Degree Feedback
- 403(b) plan
- Applicant Tracking System
- Candidate Relationship Management (CRM)
- SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
- Administrative Services Only