Human resource information system refers to a program or an online solution that assists in the HR data management HRM needs for completing core HR processes.
Human resource information system definition (HRIS)
Human resource information system refers to a program or an online solution that assists in the HR data management HRM needs for completing core HR processes. It is usually offered as a database.
- stores, processes and manages employee data, such as names, addresses, national IDs, visa or work permit information, and information about dependents
- provides functionality such as recruiting and applicant tracking
- tracks time and attendance management
- tracks appraisals and benefits administration
- can offer some accounting functions
- enables the HR department to spend less time on clerical tasks
- helps ensure the accuracy of employee data
- enables employees to take a greater role in the management of their information
- removes the need to store paper files
- generates various reports
- provides ad hoc reporting capabilities
- offers analytics on important metrics such as headcount and turnover
- improves the process for making employee master data
- helps secure employee data and keeps information private
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- Contingent Staff
- Career Fair
- Blended workforce
- Aptitude and ability tests
- Job Offer Letter
- Work Ethic
- Bullying (workplace bullying)
- Contingency Recruiting
- SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
- Loyalty Programs
- MOOC (massive open online course)
- Behaviorally Anchored Rating Scale (BARS)
- Transferable skills
- Organizational Development
Talent Acquisition Is An Art: How to Make It Errorless?
How SEO Can Help Attract the Best Talent?
How to Recognize a Strong Work Ethic?
How to Turn Employees into Employer Brand Ambassadors?