A job requisition is a formal document that department managers use to request the hiring of the new employees. Job requisition serves as a request for the new hire and provides an explanation of this need and determines the budget need to make a new hire.
What is a job requisition?
The importance of job requisition
Job requisition clauses
- The position title
- The name of the hiring manager requesting the hire
- The department, team or project the role would belong to
- Type of employment
- The preferred start date
- The salary range and benefits
- Budget options
- The justification for making a new hire
- A new or updated job description
The difference between job requisition, job description and job posting
- A job requisition is an internal document written in a formal tone which states and explains the need for hiring an employee for a certain job position.
- A job description is an internal document written in a formal tome which describes and explains the company’s job position and its details such as job duties and responsibilities and needed qualifications.
- A job posting is an external advertisement written on the basis of a job description. Its purpose is to attract potential candidates. This is why a job posting is written in an engaging tone and it contains information not only about the job position, but also about your company and the benefits you offer.
Explore More Terms & Definitions
Top 20 Recruitment Challenges to Tackle in 2020
Mobile Recruitment: Smart Recruiting Through Smartphones
Recruitment Marketing and Talent CRM: Tools for Ambitious HR Teams
Culture & People
12 Most Popular Hard Work Quotes