A job requisition is a formal document that department managers use to request the hiring of the new employees. Job requisition serves as a request for the new hire and provides an explanation of this need and determines the budget need to make a new hire.
What is a job requisition?
The importance of job requisition
Job requisition clauses
- The position title
- The name of the hiring manager requesting the hire
- The department, team or project the role would belong to
- Type of employment
- The preferred start date
- The salary range and benefits
- Budget options
- The justification for making a new hire
- A new or updated job description
The difference between job requisition, job description and job posting
- A job requisition is an internal document written in a formal tone which states and explains the need for hiring an employee for a certain job position.
- A job description is an internal document written in a formal tome which describes and explains the company’s job position and its details such as job duties and responsibilities and needed qualifications.
- A job posting is an external advertisement written on the basis of a job description. Its purpose is to attract potential candidates. This is why a job posting is written in an engaging tone and it contains information not only about the job position, but also about your company and the benefits you offer.