What is Job Requisition?
A job requisition is a formal document that department managers use to request the hiring of the new employees. Job requisition serves as a request for the new hire and provides an explanation of this need and determines the budget need to make a new hire.
What is a job requisition?
A job requisition is a formal document that department managers use to request the hiring of the new employees.
When department managers have a need for the additional workforce or replacing the existing one, they will fill out a job requisition.
The importance of job requisition
Job requisition is important because it states the department managers’ need for new employees. It serves as a request for the new hire and provides an explanation of this need and determines the budget need to make a new hire.
As such, a job requisition is an important part of the hiring process, especially in companies with HR departments who have formal HR procedures.
In such companies, a department manager who has a need to hire more people fills out a job requisition and sends it to the HR department. HR team evaluates the needs and resources need to make a new hire, and once it gets and approval from decision makers, sends this approved job requisition to recruiters who use to write a job posting.
Job requisition clauses
A job requisition usually consists of the following job requisition elements:
- The position title
- The name of the hiring manager requesting the hire
- The department, team or project the role would belong to
- Type of employment
- The preferred start date
- The salary range and benefits
- Budget options
- The justification for making a new hire
- A new or updated job description
The difference between job requisition, job description and job posting
Although many people use these 3 terms interchangeably, job requisition, job description and job posting are 3 distinctive terms with completely different meanings and use.
- A job requisition is an internal document written in a formal tone which states and explains the need for hiring an employee for a certain job position.
- A job description is an internal document written in a formal tome which describes and explains the company’s job position and its details such as job duties and responsibilities and needed qualifications.
- A job posting is an external advertisement written on the basis of a job description. Its purpose is to attract potential candidates. This is why a job posting is written in an engaging tone and it contains information not only about the job position, but also about your company and the benefits you offer.
➡️ In short:
Job requisition requests filling of a job position , job description explains the job position and job posting sells it to potential candidates.
Do you use a modern recruitment software? If not, you're missing out. See how your life can be easier. Start your free 14-day TalentLyft trial.
Start my free trial