Flexible working hours refers to the schedule which allows employees to start and finish their workday when they want.
Flexible working hours definition
Flexible working hours refers to the schedule which allows employees to start and finish their workday when they want. This means that employees can come to work earlier or later than the set time.
Benefits of flexible working hours
• Gives them more control over time off
• Helps them balance work-life relation which is important to employees who are parents, have some health issues or have 2 jobs
• Gives them the ability to schedule work during quiet times to accomplish more
For the employer:
• Enables recruiting and keeping qualified employees who have other life commitments
• Provides them with more efficient use of facilities, desks, computers, etc.
• Gives them continuity and staff coverage by one employee while another is away
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- Viral Marketing
- Voluntary Benefits
- Human Resource Outsourcing (HRO)
- Job Shadowing
- Performance Planning
- Skill Set
- Candidate Experience
- Employee Referral Program
- KPO (Knowledge Process Outsourcing)
- Daily work records
- HR Analytics and Data-Driven Recruiting
- Base Wage Rate
- Gross Misconduct
- CRM Software for Recruiters
HR Metrics: How and Why to Calculate Employee Turnover Rate?
[GUIDE] 5 Steps to Post a Job on Snagajob
3 Ways Technology Can Make HR Teams More Productive
7 Steps to Build a Social Media Recruitment Strategy