Job evaluation refers to a company's systematic process of job comparison (one job with the other jobs).
Job evaluation definition
Job evaluation refers to a company's systematic process of job comparison (one job with the other jobs). The main goal of job evaluation is assessing and establishing fair compensation.
Importance of job evaluation
• It helps in producing a fair pay framework
• Reduces inefficiencies in remuneration
• Compares remuneration with other companies
• Designs new jobs, departments and functions
• Reworks company's pay framework after a re-organization
The biggest disadvantage of job evaluation is the fact it is conducted from the employer’s point of view.
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- Workforce Planning
- MOOC (massive open online course)
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Health savings accounts (HSA)
- Factor comparison
- Applicant flow data
- Learning Management Software and Systems
- Executive Coaching
- Cafeteria Plan
- Leadership Development
- Salary Intelligence
- Distributive bargaining
- Personality tests – psychometric testing
- Six Sigma
- Probationary Arrangement
Talent Acquisition Is An Art: How to Make It Errorless?
How SEO Can Help Attract the Best Talent?
How to Recognize a Strong Work Ethic?
How to Turn Employees into Employer Brand Ambassadors?