Job evaluation refers to a company's systematic process of job comparison (one job with the other jobs).
Job evaluation definition
Job evaluation refers to a company's systematic process of job comparison (one job with the other jobs). The main goal of job evaluation is assessing and establishing fair compensation.
Importance of job evaluation
• It helps in producing a fair pay framework
• Reduces inefficiencies in remuneration
• Compares remuneration with other companies
• Designs new jobs, departments and functions
• Reworks company's pay framework after a re-organization
The biggest disadvantage of job evaluation is the fact it is conducted from the employer’s point of view.
Explore More Terms & Definitions
- Total Remuneration
- Business Casual Attire
- Executive Recruiter
- Hiring Manager
- Full-time equivalent (FTE)
- Strategic human resource management
- Employee Assessments
- Salary Intelligence
- Voluntary Benefits
- Transitional Employment
- Executive Search
Pros and Cons of Hiring Full-time, Part-time and Freelance Employees
How to Post a Job on Facebook?
8 Recruitment Strategies to Attract the Best Talent
20 Benefits of Collaborative Recruiting